Moving? Let our checklist help you organize everything!
Diamond Geriatrics’ Moving Experiences
Moving Experiences is the all in one service which will help you or your loved one with all of the practical and emotional issues which arise from the process of moving into Seniors Housing. We will talk through with you your options and what is right for you. We will sit down with you and help you look for and choose the housing situation which is right for you. We will help you with the giving away or selling the things you no longer need, packing and unpacking, and following up as you get used to the new housing. We will work with you to accomplish all of the tasks in the list below, so that your move is as worry free as possible.
- It can be exhausting—Do a little bit over a period of time
- Don’t create clutter. Dispose of things as you are going
- Don’t create safety hazards—keep things out of the way.
- Ask for help from family or friends—it can be a lonely or sad time.
- Remember to look forward, as much as you are looking back.
- Find storage at a self serve storage if you are not sure what you wish to part with.
- If you find yourself holding onto something because you “might need it,” ask yourself how often you have needed it in the past year or two. If you haven’t chances are you won’t in the future either.
* We would like to thank Susan Borax of Practically Daughters and Good Riddance (www.goodriddance.ca) for her help in putting this time schedule together. Practically Daughters is the partner in Diamond Geriatrics’ service “Moving Experiences”