How are you responding to the eldercare needs of your employees?
- Are you offering eldercare benefits that will attract and hold the talent your company needs?
- Are your older customers or their families receiving the attention and services they could be?
Diamond Geriatrics provides a full range of services to industry and care facilities. Contracted services and seminars are tailored to fit the needs of your site, clients, employees, or managers.
- Consultation: Assistance to administrators and human resources departments to structure eldercare benefits and policies and procedures
- Management training on eldercare and the workplace
- Employee educational seminars on caregiving and eldercare
- “A Sandwich Generation Doesn’t Have to Eat It’s Lunch”
- “Long Term Care and Seniors Housing”
- “Aging and Transitions”
- “Healthy Aging and Independence”
- Coaching, counselling, and referral: Support services for employees
Eldercare is one of the highest priorities of our working population. Although women bear the brunt of caregiving, a significant number of men also have significant responsibilities. More than one in eight Canadians over the age of fifteen provided help to someone with a long term health or physical limitation in 1996. The largest proportion of caregivers were aged 45-64.
Although more than half of caregivers say caregiving is not a burden, one in five reported that it had affected their health. More than half of the caregivers employed outside the home experienced repercussions at their job such as arriving late, or leaving early, or having to miss a day or more of work. Caregivers postpone education, turn down promotions or relocation, change holiday plans, or more residences to be a caregiver.
Of those caregivers working outside the home or in school, 15% suggested that changes in work or school environment would help in their caregiving responsibilities, 12% were interested in receiving information on effective caregiving, and 13% wanted information on long term illnesses and disabilities. 5% said that they would benefit from counseling.
Why Choose Diamond Geriatrics for your company, clients and employees?
- Experience: Diamond Geriatrics has been providing seminars and lectures since 1996. We know how to reach your clients, employees and management. We speak in a down to earth language with useful content and practical information.
- Follow up: What happens after the seminars and lecture? We are available to provide the support and backup management , clients, and employees may need to implement and follow up on what they have learned. Consultation, counselling, or coaching can be provided over the phone or face to face, either on site or in our office. The same people introducing the topics are the ones who are there to see it through—no additional steps are necessary. That increases the likelihood people will find and use the help they need.
Diamond Geriatrics provides contracted social work services to care facilities. Programs are individualized to fit the needs, budget and circumstances of each site. Our professional social work staff is committed to gentle, dignified and holistic care for your residents and their families as well as effective support for your staff.
- Resident, family, group and employee counseling
- Psycho-social and Long Term Care assessments
- Admission and discharge planning
- Family education and support groups
- Staff and volunteer training
- Family and Residents Councils
- Continuing Quality Improvement for social services
- Risk management systems for psycho-social issues
- Short term and demonstration projects